Week 7 Assignment POSITION STATEMENT PAPER
Select one of these controversial nursing issue:
Nurses Carrying out Orders from Advanced Practice Registered Nurses
Advanced Practice Registered Nurses, Providing Medical Aspects of Care for Individuals with whom there is a Close Personal Relationship
Professional Boundaries including Use of Social Media by Nurses
Write a position statement paper (no more than 5 pages, excluding the title page and references) Follow one of the guidelines/formats provided: 15-13, 15-14, 15-15 and the grading rubric provided in the course resources.
APA format is expected to include a title page, body of the paper, and references.
POSITION PAPER PURPOSE 15-13
Frame the policy discussion on the issue or problem.
Organize and outline the position of an individual or organization
. Formally inform other constituents about your position on the issue or problem.
Present recommended policy solutions.
Provide a framework from which to develop and formulate specific policies or resolutions.
Establish a voice and credibility on the issue or problem.
POSITION PAPER FORMAT 15-14
Organizations are encouraged to develop a consistent position paper template. In addition, organizations are encouraged to have a systematic process for the development and formulation of position papers, continual analysis and review of current and past position papers, method of archiving position papers, and process for the approval of position papers that includes a period of public or organizational comment and debate. If an organization is updating or developing a new position paper, the organization should identify previous or related position statements and clarify which position statement has supremacy or takes precedence. This can be accomplished through one statement: This position paper supersedes the position paper titled ____________________________, ratified on __________ (date), by ________________________________________ (name of organization).
Typical format of a position paper:
Cite the mission of the organization, organizational identity, organizational address, and constituents represented.
Provide supporting evidence and data, factual information.
Organize into three sections:
1. Identify the issue or topic of the position paper.
2. Include a thesis statement that clearly presents the main idea of the position.
1. Provide background information on the issue with supporting evidence and data.
2. Provide one idea per paragraph regarding the issue.
3. Build your argument logically with transition of thought between the paragraphs.
4. Provide a discussion of the supporting and opposing position of the argument. Clearly articulate your position and the rationale supporting your position.
5. Reference supporting organizations, legislation, regulations.
6. Cite figures, tables.
7. Provide cases or exemplars.
8. Use primary source authoritative references, interviews, expert opinions, leader statements, indisputable dates or events.
9. Use an inductive logical reasoning approach.
1. Provide declaration of resolution to the issue.
2. Suggest courses of action.
3. Reinforce ideas without repeating.
POSITION PAPER GUIDELINES 15-15
Use official letterhead with organizational logo.
Provide contact information for leaders quoted.
Paper should focus on a single issue or problem.
Thesis statement should articulate the main premise and position.
Both supporting and opposing arguments should be recognized.
Provide rationale for the position
. Length should be one to two pages.
An organizational position paper should include:
1. Brief introduction of your organization
2. Organizational history related to the issue, problem, or topic
3. Impact of issue or problem on your organization
4. Organizational current policies with respect to the issue and supporting rationale for your policies
5. Quotes from your organizational leaders about the issue or problem
6. Statistics or empirical research that supports your organizations position
7. Actions taken by your organization related to the issue or problem
8. Past position papers or resolutions adopted and ratified by organization on the issue or problem
9. Organizational opinion or suggested resolution to the issue or problem
The post Position Statement Paper first appeared on Essay Teachers.
Writing quality papers is a TOP priority. One expert takes one order at a time.
The service package includes topic brainstorm, research, drafting, proofreading, plagiarism check, citation formatting, and revisions.
We appreciate how valuable your time is. Hence, we make sure all custom papers are 100% original and delivered within the agreed time frameRead more
Each paper is written from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
We see it as our duty to follow all instruction the client provides. If you feel the completed paper does not meet your exact requirements, we will revise the paper if you let us know about the problem within 14 business days from the date of delivery.Read more
Your email is safe, we use your personal data for legal purposes only and in accordance with personal data protection law. Your payment details are also secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
You can easily contact us with any question or issues you need to be addressed. Also, you have the opportunity to communicate directly with assigned writer, e-mail us, submit revision requests, chat with us online, or call our toll-free on our site. We are always available to our customers.Read more