WOMEN STUDY SUBJECT
SELECT ONE QUESTION AND PROVIDE DETAILS IN YOUR ANSWER
1. How does the author of “Betrayed by an Angel” explain the role of child rearing in women’s victimization?
2. Test yourself on the 5 types of Intimate Partner Violence. What did you learn? http://www.womenagainstabuse.org/education-resources/learn-about-abuse/test-your-knowledge (Links to an external site.)
3. How can we stop rape? Blaming victims isn’t the best place to start. What else can we do?
http://jezebel.com/how-to-write-about-rape-prevention-without-sounding-lik-1446529386 (Links to an external site.)
Another way to phrase this is: Why don’t we tell men to not rape, instead of telling women how to avoid rape. Does the last paragraph on p. 551 continue this trend, or is it valuable advice?
http://sundial.csun.edu/2013/08/culture-of-rape-victim-blaming-has-got-to-go/ (Links to an external site.)
And — here is a proposed solution — Nurturing Culture.
4. What are the 3 social myths about rape that keep women in line, and excuse men from responsibility? How does sexual terrorism work in this regard?
5. What are the reasons so many women remain in abusive relationships? Using what you learned on p. 557-60, persuade a friend to make a plan for leaving. If you live in Philadelphia, you should consult Women Against Abuse on their Get Help page: http://www.womenagainstabuse.org/get-help (Links to an external site.)
6. We know from Ch 5 that pop culture is constitutive – it both reflects and creates our realities. How might we use this video to stop date rape?https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUQ2ltrdkTw (Links to an external site.)
7. Even though more women are victims of intimate partner violence, men are sometimes victims as well. What’s more, they often have even less sympathy and support than female victims do. This video shows a disturbing disparity. What key concepts do you see at play here?
8. Have you heard of the “neo-masculinity” blogger who advocates rape? Rape culture is mainstream culture, and the popularity of this guy illustrates it. How would you argue against his theories, using terms from this week’s chapter?
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3439840/Return-Kings-founder-Daryush-Roosh-Valizadeh-admits-considered-rape-deleted-post.html (Links to an external site.)
The post perfecto first appeared on The Nursing Tutors.
Writing quality papers is a TOP priority. One expert takes one order at a time.
The service package includes topic brainstorm, research, drafting, proofreading, plagiarism check, citation formatting, and revisions.
We appreciate how valuable your time is. Hence, we make sure all custom papers are 100% original and delivered within the agreed time frameRead more
Each paper is written from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
We see it as our duty to follow all instruction the client provides. If you feel the completed paper does not meet your exact requirements, we will revise the paper if you let us know about the problem within 14 business days from the date of delivery.Read more
Your email is safe, we use your personal data for legal purposes only and in accordance with personal data protection law. Your payment details are also secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
You can easily contact us with any question or issues you need to be addressed. Also, you have the opportunity to communicate directly with assigned writer, e-mail us, submit revision requests, chat with us online, or call our toll-free on our site. We are always available to our customers.Read more