1. In Acts 2, the Holy Spirit descends upon the gathered disciples and a strange phenomenon occurs where the disciples begin to speak in other languages. What seems to be the point of this event (think especially of what happens to the crowds)? How would you summarize Peter’s message to the crowds?
2. From your reading of Acts 1-11, how would you describe the early Christian community (structure of their community, activities, purpose, etc)?
3. Acts 10-11 are particularly important for showing the spread of Christianity into non-Jewish (Gentile) circles. What do Peter’s visions about “clean” and “unclean” foods have to do with Gentiles? What point do you think the author trying to make in these two chapters?
4. In Galatians 3, Paul makes a case that Gentiles (non-Jews) should be allowed full membership into the new Christian community without having to undergo certain Jewish rituals (especially circumcision). A large part of his argument is based on the Israelite figure of Abraham. How exactly does the figure of Abraham work in Paul’s argument? Think especially of the role of Abraham’s “faith” and the purpose of the “law”.
5. In Galatians 3, Paul also seems to contrast “faith” and “works” (consider vv. 5, 10-14). What kind of works does he have in mind? How can you tell?
Question 1During Pentecost in Acts chapter, Peter tells the crowd that what they were witnessing was not a matterof being drunk with new wine as the crowds claimed. To the contrary, it was a…
The post In Acts 2, the Holy Spirit descends upon the gathered disciples and a strange phenomenon occurs where the disciples begin to speak in other… appeared first on Lion Essays.
Writing quality papers is a TOP priority. One expert takes one order at a time.
The service package includes topic brainstorm, research, drafting, proofreading, plagiarism check, citation formatting, and revisions.
We appreciate how valuable your time is. Hence, we make sure all custom papers are 100% original and delivered within the agreed time frameRead more
Each paper is written from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
We see it as our duty to follow all instruction the client provides. If you feel the completed paper does not meet your exact requirements, we will revise the paper if you let us know about the problem within 14 business days from the date of delivery.Read more
Your email is safe, we use your personal data for legal purposes only and in accordance with personal data protection law. Your payment details are also secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
You can easily contact us with any question or issues you need to be addressed. Also, you have the opportunity to communicate directly with assigned writer, e-mail us, submit revision requests, chat with us online, or call our toll-free on our site. We are always available to our customers.Read more