1. Ethical Question
3. Explanation of the Ethical Theory
4. Application of the Ethical Theory
For sections (1) and (2) revise and expand
Sections (3) and (4) are new
The main purpose of this paper is to define the nature and scope of the ethical theory in a way that shows how the core principle(s) of that theory lead to a specific moral conclusion on your ethical question. Another way to think of this is to explain how someone who is fully committed to the moral reasoning of the ethical theory would answer your ethical question (even if it is not necessarily how you would answer the question).
Part 1: Ethical Question
State the ethical question beneath this heading.
Part 2: Introduction
Provide an introduction to the topic and question.
• This should be revised and expanded from the Week 1 Introduction in light of your instructor’s comments and the additional insight and information you have gained from research on the topic.
• For instance, you may find that your original ideas about the issue have changed and clarified, that the focus of the ethical question has shifted or become more specific, and/or that there are important background and contextual details that need to be explained.
• The revised introduction should reflect your additional thinking on the scope and significance of the ethical issue, and address any feedback provided by your instructor.
• The introduction should be at least 300 words in one or two paragraphs.
Place the introduction material under the Part 2: Introduction heading.
Part 3: Explanation of the Ethical Theory
Ethical theories provide accounts of how to reason well about moral questions and of what justifies answers to those questions. In this section of the paper, you will discuss either the ethical theory of utilitarianism, deontology, or virtue ethics.
You should not discuss your topic in this section, but focus only on the ethical theory.
The discussion should include the following elements:
• A brief account of the historical background of the theory and the philosopher(s) associated with it.
• An explanation of the core moral principle of the theory, or if there is more than one, the principle that you will focus on in applying that theory to your question.
• A brief, general explanation of how the theory and its core moral principle applies to moral questions, using an example different from the issue that is the main focus of your paper. (For example, if your focus is on how deontology applies to using animals in medical research, you could explain Kant’s moral theory by discussing how it would apply to an issue like lying for the sake of the greater good.)
• This section should focus only on the ethical theory. For instance, if you are discussing physician-assisted suicide from a utilitarian perspective, this section should only discuss utilitarianism in general terms; you should not discuss physician-assisted suicide, euthanasia, or other related topics until the next section.
• The discussion should be around 300 words and must incorporate at least one quote from the required resources on the ethical theory
Part 4: Application of the Ethical Theory
Now that you have explained in general terms the core principle of the ethical theory you are focusing on in this paper, you will apply that theory and its core principle to your ethical question.
• Explain as clearly and precisely as you can how that principle leads to a particular conclusion.
• You can think of that conclusion as the answer someone would most likely give to your question if they were reasoning along the utilitarian, deontological, or virtue ethics lines you explained in Part 3.
Add 2 to 3 more citations if possible.
Thames, B. (2018). How should one live? An introduction to ethics and moral reasoning (3rd ed.). Bridgepoint Education. For more information on Explanation of an Ethical Theory see this: https://www.britannica.com/topic/ethics-philosophy
Writing quality papers is a TOP priority. One expert takes one order at a time.
The service package includes topic brainstorm, research, drafting, proofreading, plagiarism check, citation formatting, and revisions.
We appreciate how valuable your time is. Hence, we make sure all custom papers are 100% original and delivered within the agreed time frameRead more
Each paper is written from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
We see it as our duty to follow all instruction the client provides. If you feel the completed paper does not meet your exact requirements, we will revise the paper if you let us know about the problem within 14 business days from the date of delivery.Read more
Your email is safe, we use your personal data for legal purposes only and in accordance with personal data protection law. Your payment details are also secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
You can easily contact us with any question or issues you need to be addressed. Also, you have the opportunity to communicate directly with assigned writer, e-mail us, submit revision requests, chat with us online, or call our toll-free on our site. We are always available to our customers.Read more