“Everyday Use” is a short story by Alice Walker, the author of The Color Purple. These are both famous African-American feminist literary works. Alice Walker credits Zora Nell Hurston, a famous African-American literary figure and scholar that spent her final years in nearby Fort Pierce, Florida. Back in the late 1970s, Alice Walker found the unkempt grave of Zora Nell Hurston and had everything totally restored to honor this forgotten African-American feminist hero and literary icon.
Please read the story carefully and enjoy the characters in action! Following the reading, please produce a written response to the following questions and submit through the blackboard assignment portal. Do the best you can the questions and we will also discuss in SEC Live!
1. Briefly describe the characters and action. There are three women and one man. Provide brief character sketches for all four.
2. The quilt is an example of symbolism in the story. What does the quilt represent? Describe the symbolic significance of the quilt.
3. Why is mama narrating the story? Of all three women, who might be best to narrate the story? Do you have any theories as to what Alice Walker might be trying to achieve by having mama narrate the story?
4. Can you identify any autobiographical elements in the story? In other words, other any real life similarities to the life of Alice Walker?
5. Why could this work be considered feminist literature?
The post Briefly describe the characters and action. There are three women and one man. Provide brief character sketches for all four. appeared first on Essay Hotline.
Writing quality papers is a TOP priority. One expert takes one order at a time.
The service package includes topic brainstorm, research, drafting, proofreading, plagiarism check, citation formatting, and revisions.
We appreciate how valuable your time is. Hence, we make sure all custom papers are 100% original and delivered within the agreed time frameRead more
Each paper is written from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
We see it as our duty to follow all instruction the client provides. If you feel the completed paper does not meet your exact requirements, we will revise the paper if you let us know about the problem within 14 business days from the date of delivery.Read more
Your email is safe, we use your personal data for legal purposes only and in accordance with personal data protection law. Your payment details are also secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
You can easily contact us with any question or issues you need to be addressed. Also, you have the opportunity to communicate directly with assigned writer, e-mail us, submit revision requests, chat with us online, or call our toll-free on our site. We are always available to our customers.Read more